Here is a much better print with the new stuff. this is the largest print i have made. its got a 5% infill i believe and still quite tough.
here is a test eith the new PLA plastic. this one was running over night and just sort of stopped.
Thanks to Blair for modelling this item.
this my first attempt at using the “other” common type of plastic: PLA. the build plate has been covered in blue painters tape. it sticks very well and so far no lifting.
(thank you to university of regina computer science prof david gerhard for the plastic!)
whoops. this was first attempt at the acetone vapour bath technique of finishing prints. read more here
as you can see my print melted. i was propping it on some bent wires and i did not notice the acetone had completely evaporated. better luck next time!